Thursday, November 30, 2017

Need a Christmas Idea?

In my Sunday School class, we were encouraged to bring study Bibles that we use and love. We were then able to share with the others in our class. One lady brought her One Year Bible to class, and I had never seen one. I absolutely LOVE the concept. Basically this Bible is broken up into 365 daily readings so that by the end of the year you have read the entire Bible. You read passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs every day. The readings are broken up by date so you don’t have to flip around in your Bible to find that day’s reading. I am so, so excited about this because reading straight through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation has never worked for me. So, after class I immediately went on a search for the One Year Bible to purchase for myself and for hubby. Yes, he is excited about this too. 

My search revealed many versions. Then I ran into this beauty. It's called the One Year Bible Expressions. It was $27 on amazon (retail $39.99), and I am in love. Click here to see this particular Bible on amazon. Anyway, I love that it’s pink, it has lines to take notes in the margins, and it has places I can color. It is only available in the NLT version though. I don’t mind that version but I prefer an NIV. I purchased hubby a large print NIV version. Anyway, here are a few pictures of this beauty. Can’t wait for January first. I think I will begin coloring the inside cover until then. There are some beautiful flowers just waiting for some color!



And if you don't like pink or coloring, there is a brown cover One Year Bible with just journaling lines in the margins. It is called the One Year Bible Reflections. I really like that version too. Hope you find something you love or for someone you love. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like it was designed for you, Patter! Thank you for sharing this, and reminding me to plan ahead for what translation of the Bible to read through for 2018. I'm on track to finish the NET Bible via phone app plan this year. Happy studying, coloring, journaling!
Jennifer in OH

Nancy M in NJ said...

Thank you for posting this. I just ordered through Amazon.

Becca Sadler said...

Also would be wonderful for a women's Bible study group/Bible journaling art group!

Art By Wanda said...

After seeing this post, I sent a link to one of our sons as a Christmas idea and I now have this bible. I'm looking forward to starting on January 1. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails