Sunday, December 28, 2014

{SCRLLC14} Scripture Lesson #22, A Hallelujah Christmas

I decided to share one last Christmas song as we end our year. But just because we are ending our 2014 study year does not mean we end our studies. Be sure to go to the bottom of this post for the details of my 2015 study! Anyway, our Christmas song I am sharing today is called "A Hallelujah Christmas" by Cloverton. Click here to listen to this song. And here are the lyrics:

"I've heard about this baby boy
Who's come to earth to bring us joy
And I just want to sing this song to you
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor fall, the major lift
With every breath I'm singing Hallelujah 
Hallelujah

A couple came to Bethlehem
Expecting child, they searched the inn
To find a place for You were coming soon
There was no room for them to stay
So in a manger filled with hay 
God's only Son was born, oh Hallelujah
Hallelujah

The shepherds left their flocks by night
To see this baby wrapped in light
A host of angels led them all to You 
It was just as the angels said
You'll find Him in a manger bed
Immanuel and Savior,
Hallelujah Hallelujah

A star shown bright up in the east
To Bethlehem, the wisemen three
Came many miles and journeyed long for You
And to the place at which You were
Their frankincense and gold and myrrh
They gave to You and cried out Hallelujah 
Hallelujah

I know You came to rescue me
This baby boy would grow to be
A man and one day die for me and you
My sins would drive the nails in You
That rugged cross was my cross, too
Still every breath You drew was Hallelujah 
Hallelujah"

I think the lyrics of this song and the verses below speak for themselves. God humbled Himself and left His throne to come to earth as a man. He was tempted in every way, He suffered, yet He chose to die for my sins and for your sins so that we might spend eternity in heaven with Him.

Matthew 1:23 "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and they will call Him Immanuel” (which means 'God with us')."

Matthew 2:11 "On coming to the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped Him. Then they opened their treasures and presented Him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh."

John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins."

Galatians 1:3-5 "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Colossians 1:13-14 "For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Colossians 2:13-14 "When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; He has taken it away, nailing it to the cross."

1 Peter 2:24 "He Himself bore our sins” in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by His wounds you have been healed."

We are born into darkness and must become children of light on our own by personal belief in Jesus Christ. Without accepting His saving grace, we remain in darkness. Jesus came to this earth and died for our sins to free us to love for God, a permanent home with Him, and to serve in His kingdom. We only have freedom in the Son. The power of sin is not greater than the power of Jesus and His forgiveness! He hung my sin and your sin on that cross! We can choose light, life, and freedom in Him or remain in darkness, bondage, and experience death. Will you make your home in Him? For those of you that have accepted Him, what sin are you holding onto? What sin are you comfortable with? Will you release it to Him and part with it? His grace enables us not to sin. Ask Him to extend that grace so you can completely resist the temptation to sin. And praise God for His grace and amazing love for us!

Today I decided to do a Journaling Bible page to highlight Colossians 2:13-14. I just love that He has nailed my sins to the cross. The quote I used is from one of Charles Spurgeon's sermons. I stamped the words 'done', 'forever', and the cross onto newsprint paper. I used an old sheet of newsprint paper that I had cleaned my stencils on so the color and designs were already there. That is how I chose my color scheme for this page. I then used my sewing machine to stitch through the word 'done' because our debt has been cancelled forever. I just love that.



Do you want to know more about a life with Christ? Do you want to know Him intimately and learn to apply His word to your life? Then join me in 2015 for my {Glory Art} Scripture Challenge. Please click here to read all of the details. I hope you will join me, and be sure to join the Facebook page too. We begin January 11, 2015! :)

Thank you so much for joining me this year. And I want to give a special shout out to Anne-Marie who has joined me faithfully every year for the past 6 years. She is amazing, her creations are wonderful, and I am always blessed by her words and support over the years. Thank you Anne-Marie for being a faithful sister in Christ. I know you are a light to everyone around you! Blessings to each of you, and I look forward to our journey together in 2015!

Product List (click product tags for more info)

View blog post for supplies

5 comments:

Kristen H said...

This is so beautiful and moving. I love that Christmas song. The passages fit so well. It is amazing how God's word always pulls everything together. I will be playing along with you on this...some time today.

Your piece is just wonderful! What a great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Amen, Patter! This is wonderful: the music, words and colors and emphases on certain text points. Thank you, and Merry Christmas! ===Jennifer in Ohio

Monica C. said...

Lovely song and very nicely laid out post. Thank you. I look forward to seeing your creations in 2015. May it be a good year for you. Lord bless.

Anne-Marie said...

Thank you Patter for your kind words. I do hope to join you next year... may not be too active for January as I will be away from home for most of the month. Thankyou for a lovely song to end our year off. Your Bible journaling is very effective.

God Bless you and your loved ones as you step into a new year and may it be a better year for you with all the different health issues in your family.

dawnmercedes said...

thanks so very m uch for sharing these uplifting lyrics to such a pretty melody!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails