Sunday, July 27, 2014

{SCRLLC14} Scripture Lesson #13, King of My Heart

Some of you may remember my "Faith" art journaling page from the other day. If you missed it, click here. Anyway, I have really had to hold strong to God and my faith while my daughter was on her 8 week ministry trip. So many difficult things happened along the way with the last difficulty being this past week when she got a very bad staph infection on her arm. We still do not know if it is MRSA but we are hoping to find out by tomorrow. She ran into many difficulties trying to get to a doctor and trying to get her prescribed medications. As a mom, I was beside myself for two days. I did a lot of praying. I had to keep reminding myself that God was with her; I was 9 hours away. He knew what was going on and would take care of her. This song truly was a comfort this week reminding me that He is bigger than any battle I am facing. He is bigger than any battle you are facing. He is strong when we are weak. He is there to help us, and His love is deeper than any ocean!

The words to our song "King of My Heart" by Love and the Outcome are below. I think they are very strong and comforting words. To watch the official music video, click here.

"I'm in a war every minute
I know for sure I'll never win it
I am David up against Goliath
And it's a fight for my attention
I'm being pulled every direction
This world tells me trust what I can see
Lord, won't You help me
Believe what I believe

CHORUS
‘Cause You are 
Bigger than any battle I'm facing 
You are 
Better than anything I've been chasing 
Savior and Royalty 
The only hope for me Jesus, You are, You are 
The King of my heart, heart 
The King of my heart, heart 

All by myself I fall to pieces 
But You are strong when I am weakest 
I feel Your Kingdom come alive in me 
My feet are bruised but they'll follow 
Where You lead 

CHORUS 

Your love is deeper than the ocean 
You wash away my brokenness 
Your arms are always open 
Come and rule in me 
Come and be my King 

CHORUS 

You're the King of my heart, heart 
The King of my heart, heart 
You're the King of my heart, heart"

Psalm 5:1-2 "Listen to my words, Lord, consider my lament. Hear my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray."

Psalm 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure."

Psalm 59:17 "You are my strength, I sing praise to You; You, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely."

Psalm 95:6-7 "Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care."

Jeremiah 10:10a "But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King."

2 Corinthians 12:10 "That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

1 Timothy 1:17 "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen."

For my 6x6 page today, I used the Psalm 95:6-7 verse from above. I love the thought of being under His constant care! And during this difficult week, it was a great reminder that my daughter was also under His constant care! I also used Blue Fern Studios papers and a chipboard piece called Jeweled Trinkets.

Pin It
Papers: Blue Fern Garden Picnic and In Bloom, Memory Box cs 
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink old paper 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Jeweled Trinkets (painted with Shimmerz Texturez crushed coral)
Embellishments: Prima Lil Missy flower, Petaloo botanica minis, Flying Unicorn love trinkets, Zva Creative bling, May Arts twine, Hobby Lobby doily, sewing machine

Remember to use Keyword SCRLLC14 when posting your creations in any online galleries. Also, please leave a link to your creation here using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies, please see this post here. Will you allow Him to be the King of your heart today and everyday ahead? Blessings,

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

{{Hugs}} to you, Patter. My momma-heart feels for you having to be so far away while your girlie is sick. I hope the infection isn't MRSA and clears up soon. Eight weeks is sometimes a VERY long time isn't it? Beautiful page!

Kelly Roberts said...

Sending a prayer for you and your dd. Your page is so pretty and the bling you added is a lovely touch. Hang in there!

Anne-Marie said...

Patter, I know how you feel with your daughter away. My one and only daughter was living in Canada when she had appendicitis and had time in hospital. I so wanted to be with her... but impossible. I was here in Australia.
Thank you for introducing me to another song I had not heard before.
Your artwork is lovely... I do like green and pink together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails