Monday, June 30, 2014

{SCRLLC14} Scripture Lesson #11, Not for a Moment

On Wednesday of this week as I was in the middle of teaching at VBS, I came home and the Lord put this song on my heart: "Not for a Moment" by Meredith Andrews. Click here to listen to the song and read the lyrics. And now let's look at our study and song.

Have you ever felt like God was 1,000 miles away? Have you felt that He has left you and that you didn't know where He wanted you to go or what He wanted you to do? Maybe you feel like that right now. I have felt like that for the last two years since we moved. I absolutely love where He has placed us, and I know we are to be here. In fact, I don't ever want to leave. But, I also have not seen what He has for me here. I have felt like He has me on 'hold' for some reason or that He is giving me a time of rest.

The day before God game me this song, I had one of the worst days I have had in a long time. Before leaving for VBS that morning, our dog had a seizure. By then end of the day, he had had 3 seizures. It was a very, very rough day. I cried a lot and was exhausted. But by Wednesday, God gave me one of the greatest days. I met more people than I have met since we moved here. I was invited to take on a position at church that I actually had tried to volunteer for last year but they said they didn't need me. And then many of the kids were hugging me at VBS and thanking me. There is nothing more precious than teaching children about our Jesus! Then when I came home, God gave me our song for today. I was so filled with joy! I was singing around the house, hands in the air, praising our precious Lord. He never left me; He never forsake me. He saw my suffering the day before. He knows my heart and heard my cries. He then blessed me tremendously.

He also never leaves our children! With my daughter on an 8 week ministry trip this summer, I have had many times that I have worried about her but God is with her. He will not forsake her either! He will not forsake your children or grandchildren either. What a comfort that is!

In this song, we hear that "not for a moment did You forsake me." So what does forsake mean? Dictionary.com says it means to "quit or leave entirely; abandon; desert." God's word tell us that He will never leave us or forsake usever!

Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

That is so comforting. He sees your tears. He hears your cries and your prayers. God sees your true and sincere faith which can change how you perceive any situation as you look to His will.

2 Kings 20:5b "I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you."

Our song also says that He is constant, He is good, and that He is sovereign. He is in control of all things even when you feel like He is not there or aware of your situation.

Psalm 141:8 "But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death."

Ecclesiastes 7:14 "When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider this: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, no one can discover anything about their future."

God is in control, and He brings good out of difficult times without ever leaving you!

For my 6x6 page today, I used Marie-Josee Hamel's page for inspiration. I used the Deuteronomy 31:6 verse above. It was so perfect, and I liked that it had the word 'forsake' in the verse. I also used several pieces of Blue Fern Studios chipboard. The black circle actually comes from the large Roman Clock Set. Then the bricks are called Shabby Brick Bits. I used 'true' for the title because God's word is true, and I can count on that scripture!

Pin It
The washi heart in the right hand corner is one I made. If you missed that tutorial on using your washi scraps to make embellishments, click here to see that post.
Papers: Blue Fern Garden In Bloom, Pion Design For Mother, Paper Trey Ink black cs 
Stamps: Unity Belly Ruler 
Stamp Ink: Archival jet black 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Roman Clock Set Large (painted with Golden black gesso), Shabby Brick Bits (misted with Prima Color Bloom vintage coal) 
Embellishments: Flying Unicorn adornment, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, Prima Lil Missy flower, Heidi Swapp stickers, misc. washi tape, sewing machine

Remember to use Keyword SCRLLC14 when posting your creations in any online galleries. Also, please leave a link to your creation here using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies, please see this post here. And remember, God is with you and will never forsake you!

3 comments:

Donna W said...

Thank you for sharing this. My pastor husband and I are between churches. We have just sold our home to reduce expenses and moved to a rental house kinda out of town. I too am asking why the Lord has us here. Why not just take us to that next church? Why has a door not opened? I love the song and was touched deeply by the words. And also by the scripture you shared. I hope to have time or take the time today to do a canvas. Thank you for sharing. You have such a tender heart for God in your writings. Your work is very pretty too! May God bless you today as you continue to serve Him!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Amen, Patter! Has it really been 2 years since you moved???? The Bible verses and beautiful surroundings are so apt---and I was not familiar with this song. Thanks---Love and prayers, Jennifer in Ohio

Anne-Marie said...

Thank you for introducing me to a new song and a singer I am now hopefully going to buy one of her CDs sometime soon.
You artwork is lovely. I do like the stitched heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails