Sunday, April 27, 2014

{SCRLLC14} Scripture Lesson #8, Lift My Life Up

Having children grow up and go off to college is hard! Those of you that have been through it know what I mean. We are an extremely close family, have had family time every single night together for many years, and letting go is so hard for me! I keep reminding myself that God did not call me to hold onto my children. He called me to let them go because He has plans for them. They are to leave us.

Matthew 19:4-6 "Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."

A couple of weeks ago daughter #2 was chosen as lead guitarist for a band that will travel to five different states this summer. They will be gone for seven weeks and serve as camp counselors as well as ministering to the children there through music. I am having a terrible time with this. I was looking forward to having her home with her sisters and with us for the entire summer. Those were my plans. I have been so excited and anxiously awaiting our time together this summer, then this. I have cried. I have struggled but then when I asked her if she felt that this is what the Lord wanted her to do and she responded with "yes," then I had to let go and let Him lead her. Does it still hurt? Oh my, yes! But then when I think of the lives God may touch through her, I get excited. This is not about me; it's about Him. 

Ephesians 1:11 "In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will."

His purpose is to bring salvation to the world through His Son Jesus Christ. He is using her for that purpose. What a privilege! Why would I want my selfishness to get in the way? And didn't we raise our girls to live for the Lord? Yes! So, why is it so hard for me when she is only doing as He has called and as we have trained her?

Ephesians 6:4 "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."

Luke 18:28-30 "Peter said to Him, 'We have left all we had to follow you!' 'Truly I tell you,' Jesus said to them, 'no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.'"

So, how does today's song apply to the above? Our song today is "Lift My Life Up" by Unspoken. Let's look at a few of the lyrics:

Verse 1
You brought me this far 
So why would I question You now 
You have provided 
So why would I start to doubt 
I've never been stranded, abandoned 
Or left here to fight alone 
So I'm giving You control

As I read those lyrics, I know He has brought us this far in raising our children, and He won't abandon us or them now. He has a plan and a purpose for them and for us. It's a new chapter.

Proverbs 19:21 "Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."

Proverbs 20:24 "A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?"

I may be sad about our daughter being gone so long but I am sure in the future as we look back on this, we will be able to see the amazing things that God is doing in her life. I need to turn complete control over to Him and trust that He has amazing plans for each of our girls. 

So, where do you need to turn over control to Him? Is it with your children, finding employment, a relationship, dealing with aging parents, etc.? These words can apply to so many of our day-to-day situations. He knows all and controls all things! Will you trust and surrender to His will today?

Job 37:14-16 "Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God’s wonders. Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes His lightning flash? Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of Him who has perfect knowledge?"

To listen to this song and see all of the lyrics, click here. Let the words sink in and think about where He may be calling you to let go and trust Him.

For my 6x6 page, I used Pion papers from the May C'est Magnifique kit. I also used the Blue Fern Studios Mini Ring Things chipboard that I left raw. I felt the raw chipboard went great with the colors in the papers. The scripture I chose was Proverbs 19:21 because it really spoke to me. If it were up to me, I would want my girls home but my plans are not His plans. I trust and know His plans are always better than my own!
Pin It
Papers: Pion Design Till Mor and a Day in May, Bazzill cs
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink frayed burlap
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Mini Ring Things
Embellishments: May Arts twine; Heidi Swapp stickers; Petaloo pistachio and natural Burlap Blossoms; Prima First Dance Something Blue flowers; FW Pearlescent waterfall green paint; joint tape; misc. lace; misc. bag; misc. ticket


Remember to use Keyword SCRLLC14 when posting your creations in any online galleries. Also, please leave a link to your creation here using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies, please see this post here. Have a joyful week ahead!

1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

so true and just what I needed to read today. xxx Ann Marie

Related Posts with Thumbnails